Sunday 18 October 2009

October 12, 2008 He's an Arab!

I really don't know where to start with this (alternate link). McCain surprised me - after all the bullshit rhetoric and agressive swipes that have been coming out of his campaign office recently, to stand up for Barack like that took guts, and just upped his ranking on the respect charts. He's always seemed like a straight shooter, so I felt a little guilty when questioning his motivations for saying so - has he always felt that politics should be respectful and full of mutual admiration, or is he responding to the tone Obama set almost a year ago, when he talked about rising above the slings and arrows of negative politics? I'd like to think it's the former, but the cynic in me disagrees...

Perhaps more worrying is the woman who couldn't trust Obama because he is, I quote, "an Arab"... I don't even know where to start with this, and in fact, I won't unless provoked. Suffice it to say, I despair for the States sometimes.

The most amusing/distressing thing is that, once McCain realises where it is going, he takes the mic back and says "No, mam. He's a decent family man, and citizen"... Surely the implication there is that if he were an Arab, he wouldn't be a decent family man or citizen? O.O

Next week, live from Tunbridge Wells :P

No comments:

Post a Comment